Jedi Knight Muse

What are you writing for the challenge?

Are you continuing a story or starting something brand new? Are you mostly editing, or in the rewriting stage, or into a 1st/2nd/3rd etc draft? How many projects are you planning on working on?

I'm going to be editing Storms of Magic and trying to get it into better shape before I let more beta readers take a stab at it. I'm also going to let myself start outlining for the sequel, and also do a lot more world building. I'm excited to be able to start outlining the sequel! It should be fun to write, based on what I have for ideas so far (which isn't much).

The story I didn't write for the February challenge :P

I also hope to finish my WIP, though new shiny stories are trying to get my attention to them instead. I seriously need to start writing regularly again, so to be honest, building a solid writing habit is currently more important to me than any particular project. So I might just start writing whatever inspires me at the moment, because even if I don't finish every single project I started, it'll be practice, and it'll help building that habit.

I will continue my current WIP. I'm hoping that i can finish the first draft with this challenge. Finishing that draft is the most important writing-related task for me as i've never so far finished a novel.

In case i finish the WIP before the challenge is over (one can wish) i will probably start planning the next project which i then would write during NaNo. But knowing me, this is highely unlikely.

I'm doing draft number #972 of my novel... or at least it feels that way. I think it's actually draft 4 or 5. The last time I try and do this cause I'm just done with doing a full draft. I feel like I'm going nowhere.

I don't have the attention span to work on one project for six whole months, so I'll probably be hopping around a bit. I'm going to try to finish the first draft of Chroma, possibly start the first drafts of Caerellí and an unnamed project, but how far any of these get is up in the wind.

I will be attempting to get a full draft finished of a standalone wip, which has an uncommitted title of "An Island for Orphans". If I either finish that, or get bored for a little while, I'll begin work on getting an initial draft for the noncommittally titled "An Age for Mystics."

The standalone, I have most of the story laid out, so all I need to do is turn an in-depth out line into pure gold, no pressure.

The second, which I only have loosely outlined, is a planned series. I have some rather neat ideas for it, I think, but it might prove to be a little troubling to flesh out in a way that satiates me.

In Romanian:

- until the 15-th of March to translate and re-write in Romanian "The fires of love and intrigue" for the contest.

- I have to finish a novel I am procrastinating with. I told everyone about "Other turmoils of life", this is the one I need to finish as soon as possible. It means MARCH.

- In April I'll do Camp Nano and I'll revise another, called "The Crew". The parts for re-writing might pass to May, though.

- about the other projects I'll talk only after seeing the two novels above finished.

In English:

- I am on 2 RPGs, the ones in my signature.

^ Great stuff everyone! Sounds exciting and interesting! :D

I've got some similar ideas as some of the people above. I'm going to finish my last NaNo because I haven't got a single novel that I've managed to finish and I don't care how crap it is and I don't care that I've already decided to re-write half the chapters I've already got, I'm just going to plow on ahead and come out with a novel that has a beginning and an end. :D

But because I think I'll need a break from that sometimes, I've got at least two other things I might work on. I might do some plotting or world building for an idea that I've had in my mind since I watched the latest SW movie. Or I might work on the world/characters from my entry to the Feb challenge. (:

I'll be working on my Grim-Dark/Urban/Epic Fantasy. I'm looking at having it finished by mid-April so the cover work can begin on it and then jump right into the sequel to my novel Merchant that published in February. And since I pledged 200,000 I'll probably jump then into the sequel to my novel Dark Choices which was published back in 2015 and will be republished this May. Hopefully that will carry me over 200,000 if not I'll have to add more into the mix.

Roh

I'll be outlining and writing the second book in my Witches of Texas series, and finishing up editing/revision on book one.  I thought I would have book one done by now, but work was more stressful than usual so everything slowed down.  I'm looking forward to the next book, I get to tackle fur trappers, mountain dragons, eccentric old witches, and deep angsty Emotions.  Fun times!

I'm writing a few different things.

First I'm finishing off a rewrite of my second novel. It needed a lot of compete rewriting so its been a task. Started in November and will probably be done in the first or second week of March. I'm anticipating 280k words total. (I'm at 240k right now)

Second, I want to start and complete a new novel, Prophecies of the Moon and have it finished before the challenge is over. This will be my big word eater. I'm shooting for around 200k for this one.

Third, I've been trying to write a short story every month. These will be of various lengths but I anticipate 20-30k ore words.

Lastly will come other edits, rewrites, outlining and world building. I have a rough average of 60k per year for outlining/world building so maybe another 30k words for that.

Wow, looking at it all spelled out like that looks almost too ambitious.

Good luck to everyone!

I think this is going to be a great six months! Everyone is planning such wonderous, ambitious stuff!

I will continue my current WIP. I'm hoping that i can finish the first draft with this challenge. Finishing that draft is the most important writing-related task for me as i've never so far finished a novel.

You can do it!

I don't have the attention span to work on one project for six whole months, so I'll probably be hopping around a bit.

I know the feels. I don't tend to get sucked in that deep to anything for such a long time. I like to project hop to keep things really spicy :P

also a comic script for another project that I'm just starting that's a sort of historical fantasy/horror story.

You said comic, historical, and fantasy all in the same sentence. This human is already sold!

I'll be working on a few projects. Need to start a new novel at some point, or at least do some short stories. Work on my graphic novel, of course. And on and off I'll be adding chapters to a co-authored project about ghosts taking over a college for supernatural learning. My writing life is a delightful trainwreck of technicolor :)

I'll continue doing what I've been doing all year so far: working on my fantasy trilogy and web serial, and also writing some short stories. I don't really have a big project in mind specifically for this challenge; I feel like I have enough on my plate already.

I'll be working on the next few chapters of my as-yet-untitled novel. I'm open to doing short stories as side projects, but the novel is the one I want to focus on at the moment.

I finished editing the second draft so now I'm waiting for beta readers to tackle it...which means that I can theoretically start doing a lot of outlining/world building/possibly writing for the sequel.

I finally hit 10k and feel a bit more confident about what I'm doing so thought I'd share what I've been working.

My main project is brainstorming for the third re-write of one of my NaNo's (working project title is Seventh Life). I really want to nail down the plot and write a novel from start to finish so I'm taking time to flesh out characters, do my worldbuilding properly and the final step will be to write out the key action points and start breaking that down into scenes. Slightly over half of my word count has gone into this right now.

I've also written a scene for another project that's been floating around. It's set in the same world as my February challenge submission although this scene takes place on a different continent and focuses on a different character. I'm hoping to finish this scene (and maybe another scene with this character) and then might go back to the two characters who featured in my February challenge. (Project code name is "Finlandia" because parts of it are inspired by Finnish mythology.)

I've also written a bit for a Kylo Ren-inspired story that came into my mind after seeing The Last Jedi. I don't really like where the scene is going on paper compared to what I had in my head so I haven't done much for that. (For want of a better title I'm calling this my Kylo-esque project...)

Finally, I've got my "Other" category and today I finally wrote my first words for it! I had no inspiration to write anything for the above projects so I was working on one of the writing prompts from the writing prompt sub-reddit and I'm super excited about it! Unfortunately it's sci-fi so won't get to share it here, but if I end up finishing it and if it ends up being worth sharing, I might be seeking some feedback eventually from anyone who wants to read some sci-fi.

Anyway - that's me for now! Has anyone else found inspiration from a different/new/unexpected project or have you been powering through with the projects that you intended to write for the Challenge?

Well I still haven't gotten my notes from my beta readers on my main project, and...writing the sequel is not happening, because I realized that I'm pretty much going to rewrite the main project (or at least a good chunk of it), so I can't really do that until I get my beta reader feedback.

So now I'm attempting to work on a new project, which is what I tried to write last November for NaNo but failed miserably at, while also working on some world building. It's...not going super well at the moment.  :-\ I wish I could just work on my main project but it makes more sense to me to just wait until I get all of my beta reader feedback and then I can tackle it all at once.

I'm also going to work on more short stories to send in for submission, 'cause apparently that's a thing I do now, lol.