Sign in to follow this  
Sheepy-Pie

NaNo share #2 - Ages

What ages are your characters? Are the majority older or younger than yourself? Did you pick those ages for a reason, or just what happened?

For my WIP my two MCs are in their early 30s - I chose this on purpose when I originally made them because I didn't want to write characters my age... and then I sort of have caught up with them. Eep.

As for the others, I have some in their 40s, mainly my two demons who have hated eachother for about half of their lives. After that, my triplets are not yet twenty, they are still very young and very reckless, and want to jump straight into every situation. Which is at odds with the others around them which are that much older.

Technically my youngest character is a baby who will be born (or maybe two) :P

My MC is the youngest character. She's 12. Her mother is 35 and overwhelmed.

The two troll her help MC are in their early 30s. Their mother is a 68-year-old badass.

The villain is a ghost that died in her 50s back in the 1500s. So she's either in her 50s or she's over 500 years old. Either. Both.

There is one winged demigod that is tens of thousands of years old. He mostly keeps to himself.

Most of the other characters average in their 30s and 40s.

My MC Itaweret is in her twenties, as is her friend Sennuwy and another supporting character named Philos. The main antagonist, Scylax, is probably in his early forties.

The majority are younger than myself now. In the NaNo novel, most of my characters are in their early 40s. It is natural, because it is the follow-up to a novel which happened when they were in high school and Uni...

I've got a larger cast this time around, so I've got from early 20's to mid 60's. The heist team has a couple 20 year olds, the 60 year old, and a couple mid 3- year olds, as well as some more peripheral characters. The team trying to stop them skews a bit older, one 20 something with a bunch of 40 somethings.

The age of my main character probably can't be calculated to an exact number, since she's a Goddess that's been thrown out of her world into another one.  Needless to say, she's ancient.

The actual POV character of my Frame Story is a young soldier, probably about 16-18 years old.  The reason I picked that age was because he made a good foil for the storyteller.  The story is being told to a group of children, ranging from about 5-15 years old.  There's some other adults of various ages mingling in the background.

Sign in to follow this