Sheepy-Pie

Character replies

So here is a cool thing we can try :)

Basically, I start with a question. Then you answer the question as one of your characters, and then ask a new question. The next person answers that question, and asks another.

The question: Where are you right now?

• Like 1

"Well, if you must ask," Pia blows her hair out of her face with a huff, "I'm working in the chapel trying to heal some of these soldiers without the DAMN help of any of YOU!" She turns back towards the corner where several other figures stand then sighs and goes back to feeding a young man broth. She glances up once more. "Where have your travels taken you lately?"

Celeste: Stupid England. I miss being back in the forests of where I'm from. This place has no charms, but the extra warmth is a bonus.

What is your favourite meal?

Ardeshir considered the question carefully, running a hand along his jaw. "Difficult to say," he muttered. "If you forced me to choose, then I suppose I'd pick my mother's qabel'i palaw. It's a rice dish with lamb, raisins, and carrots. You caramelize sugar at the bottom of the pot before adding in the rice and the broth from cooking the lamb, it gives the dish this nice savory sweetness."

"Then my mother uses this spice mix; she refuses to tell me the exact proportions, but it's black pepper, white pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves." He smiled wryly, leaning forward as of to reveal some great secret. "I think she might also add star anise. She swears up and down that she doesn't, but theres just a hint of bittersweet something that I can't explain otherwise."

Standing straight, Ardeshir clasped his hands behind his back. "Now then, what's your opinion on the latest news from the capital?"

Standing straight, Ardeshir clasped his hands behind his back. "Now then, what's your opinion on the latest news from the capital?"

Ao stared at the man. He had no interest in the capital, or any goings-on there, other than those which could elevate him in the eyes of his after-dark contemporaries. But the man was clearly wealthy and moved as if he had influence and was familiar with wielding it. He would expect a proper answer. Ao dug deep into his Machinations classes at Bobbinsian, some years ago.

"Obviously it's a power struggle," he said, "plain and simple. Some new arrival wants to snatch control of the city, put his operatives into high places, get rid of the Grand Duke that way." He lowered his long lashes at the man, and flicked his glossy black hair. "And I'm going to help him do it. Now let me ask you: how can you help make me fabulously rich?"

Now let me ask you: how can you help make me fabulously rich?

Mynoris gave Ao a thoughtful look, tilting her head to the side as she regarded him.  "So, then it's wealth you want?  I suppose it really comes down to the question of how far you're willing to go to get that wealth.  Also, what you define as 'fabulously' so.  Which, I realize, really isn't an answer."  She raised her eyebrows.  "Anything that relies on strength of arms, I can do.  Deception or stealth, I'm less good at.  I'm also a tolerably good leader.  But if its a matter of just banking or trade agreements, I'm afraid I won't be much use at all."

Leaning back in her seat, she folds her arms behind her head, "So, what would you do if you were fabulously wealthy anyhow?"

On 11/15/2018 at 6:18 PM, Mynoris said:

Leaning back in her seat, she folds her arms behind her head, "So, what would you do if you were fabulously wealthy anyhow?"

Alinora scowls. "What use is wealth, anyway? I mean, I guess I'd use some of it to replace my armor and weapons with something higher quality. Maybe buy some potions, for when I get injured. But I don't need it. Good thing there's plenty of places to donate it to, I guess." She shrugs. "Maybe I'd fund a place for the homeless to go, or something. I dunno. It doesn't really matter I guess, since I'm not about to come into a huge sum of money anyway." 

She folds her arms across her chest and leans against the wall, surveying the room. "So, tell me, if you were granted one wish, but were unable to have what you truly wanted, the thing that drives you forward, what would you wish for?" 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:15 PM, LivvyMoore said:

Alinora scowls. "What use is wealth, anyway? I mean, I guess I'd use some of it to replace my armor and weapons with something higher quality. Maybe buy some potions, for when I get injured. But I don't need it. Good thing there's plenty of places to donate it to, I guess." She shrugs. "Maybe I'd fund a place for the homeless to go, or something. I dunno. It doesn't really matter I guess, since I'm not about to come into a huge sum of money anyway." 

She folds her arms across her chest and leans against the wall, surveying the room. "So, tell me, if you were granted one wish, but were unable to have what you truly wanted, the thing that drives you forward, what would you wish for?" 

"I'm not sure, actually. I'd have to think about that for a while. Of course, I may have an idea in an hour or two. It would be really cool to get something. But I'm not sure I want anything, because my parents already give me what I want and it's cool, but they're never around and I'm not sure I want anything else," Amanda blinked, "Oh sorry. I babbled again. It's a bad habit. Not many people want to be friend with me because they say I'm not good at listening. Which is ridiculous..."

She stopped, "Sorry. I'll stop. But do you have friends? Like, nice friends? Like the kind who will bring you ice cream?"

Luigi bounced up and down on the balls of his feet, a manic grin on his rounded face.  "Friends!  Friends!  Nice friends!  Good friends!  Always help good friends.  Don't need ice-cream for helping good friends.  Me bro Al will bring me ice-cream if I want.  Bake cakes, bring ice-cream.  Toffee flavour.  Favourite!"

He paused and gave a vigorous nod, making the ragged ends of his head-bandage flap around.  "Jump off roof with me?  Fun!  Let's have fun!  Who wants to jump off roof with me?"

"Oh that's easy," Jascha said casually taking a step off the roof, plummeting downwards.

As he fell, he asked. "How do you know if you are in love?"

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Sheepy-Pie said:

"Oh that's easy," Jascha said casually taking a step off the roof, plummeting downwards.

As he fell, he asked. "How do you know if you are in love?"

~

Echo thought. How did she know? Did she know? Was she qualified to answer this question? Images swam up behind her eyes, of Ixawod and others, and to her dismay she found herself well-enough disposed towards them, but nothing that would prompt the words in love. She thought of Kenny the Swarhelian and her stomach did a curious movement, a little flip that she didn't have a word for.

"I should imagine it's a bit like being hungry," she said at length, picking a runaway strand on her town dress, "but for people instead of food." On the wall behind her was scrawled another question. She wasn't going to answer it. Someone else would have to bear that honour. It read: what is the most embarrassing thing you have done?

~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdcharles said:

~

Echo thought. How did she know? Did she know? Was she qualified to answer this question? Images swam up behind her eyes, of Ixawod and others, and to her dismay she found herself well-enough disposed towards them, but nothing that would prompt the words in love. She thought of Kenny the Swarhelian and her stomach did a curious movement, a little flip that she didn't have a word for.

"I should imagine it's a bit like being hungry," she said at length, picking a runaway strand on her town dress, "but for people instead of food." On the wall behind her was scrawled another question. She wasn't going to answer it. Someone else would have to bear that honour. It read: what is the most embarrassing thing you have done?

~

Mynoris purses her lips together.  "Embarrassing?  To be honest, I haven't done much that was embarrassing.  Deeply shameful, yes, but the notion of embarrassing just doesn't seem adequate to cover it.  Embarrassing is what happens when you notice a piece of your clothing is sitting awkwardly, or you give a wrong answer to a question you should know the answer to.  Very little embarrasses me.  But if you want to know my deepest shame, I can tell you that.  It's been long enough since it happened."  She takes a deep breath.  "There was a woman who hurt my family badly.  I was a Goddess of Death, and so it was my job to judge the dead.  When this particular woman met her demise, I tortured her greatly.  I told myself that it was my duty; that I had to be certain that the torments in my equivalent of Hell were sufficient for the job."  Mynoris shakes her head gravely, her loose red hair tossing with it.  "But this was all a lie.  I tried them all one her, and I enjoyed it."  She makes an impatient movement, and paces a few times.  "But, I don't like to dwell too much on that sort of thing.  Instead, I'd like to know more about triumphs.  So, what have you done that you're particularly proud of?"

Edited by Mynoris

Itaweret stroked her fingers through her dreadlocks in thought. "The moment I became High Priestess of Mut. Of course, it was my father Mahu who had me appointed to the position, but why would he choose me were my character not worthy of it? And ever since I had my title bestowed upon me, I have done everything I could to appease my goddess." Her face lit up with a mischievous smile. "Oh, and I also remember the first time I beat my brother Bek at senet. Of course, it's been easy for me to do ever since, but I will never forget the look on his face that first time. Now, allow me to present a question of my own. How do you get along with your family members?"

7 hours ago, Tyrannohotep said:

Itaweret stroked her fingers through her dreadlocks in thought. "The moment I became High Priestess of Mut. Of course, it was my father Mahu who had me appointed to the position, but why would he choose me were my character not worthy of it? And ever since I had my title bestowed upon me, I have done everything I could to appease my goddess." Her face lit up with a mischievous smile. "Oh, and I also remember the first time I beat my brother Bek at senet. Of course, it's been easy for me to do ever since, but I will never forget the look on his face that first time. Now, allow me to present a question of my own. How do you get along with your family members?"

~

Hammerstyle rolls forward on the seat of his chair, crackling the wicker like autumn flames on a cold night. A deep rumble emits from deep within him, as though he is part man, part ghastly mechanical contrivance, just starting up and readying to set about some awful purpose. A specter of a dying smile plays about his jawline before vanishing entirely.

"I don't," he says in a low tremor, "talk about my family." There's a pause. Then, abruptly, he sits back and his countenance changes, his searching eyes blue and friendly. Such is the switch that one could believe the previous comment never happened. "My friends are my family," he says breezily. "And as you saw last night, they are many and - " But once more his voice drops back to its trouser-flapping register " - they are very, very much-loved." His hands link together, forming up into ranks of cavalry. "Now," he says. One broad finger points. "What would be your dream vacation?"

~

• Like 1

Em looks at the man who asked her about the dream vacation. She lets her head a little on the back, almost shaking it in disbelief:

"You don't know yet? A cruise, of course! Preferably on a yacht or a copy of a tall ship with sails, and stopping in each port of importance, to visit what is to be visited! I'd take both my fiance and the gang of friends, if possible. Or at least some of them." 

(The chosen country for the cruise depends which Em we are talking about - the one in "Rightness' Friends" would want it in Mexico, preferably on both Oceans, with a crossing into Panama Channel between them, and the one in "The Crew" would want it in the Greek islands.)

"Now let me ask you - do you love the sea? Is anything about the sea attracting you?"

1 hour ago, Elena said:

Em looks at the man who asked her about the dream vacation. She lets her head a little on the back, almost shaking it in disbelief:

"You don't know yet? A cruise, of course! Preferably on a yacht or a copy of a tall ship with sails, and stopping in each port of importance, to visit what is to be visited! I'd take both my fiance and the gang of friends, if possible. Or at least some of them." 

(The chosen country for the cruise depends which Em we are talking about - the one in "Rightness' Friends" would want it in Mexico, preferably on both Oceans, with a crossing into Panama Channel between them, and the one in "The Crew" would want it in the Greek islands.)

"Now let me ask you - do you love the sea? Is anything about the sea attracting you?"

Carrigan's eyes light up immediately. The chair he's been swinging on wobbles dangerously beneath him as he rights it, its thin legs cracking as they violently reconnect with the flagstone floor below. He gives no sign of noticing his narrowly avoided fall, instead choosing to sweep a swath of unruly ginger hair back out of his face.  

"There's something beautiful about it, is there not?" He leans forward in his chair until his elbows are resting loosely on his knees. "When you're out on the water, you're truly at the mercy of the ocean. You can feel the absolute raw power beneath you, and you know that at any moment, the wind could turn and you could be swept off course completely-" 

Carrigan stops for a moment, his eyes focused on a distant point across the room. He gives his head a quick shake, clambering to his feet with a light chuckle. 

"I'm not selling it particularly well, am I? I suppose what I'm trying to say is that there's a simplicity to being at sea that I miss dearly. When you're out on the waves, there's nothing to do but trust in your skills and give the water the respect it deserves. There's something quite freeing in that, no?"  He waves his hand in dismissal. "Bleh- excuse my ramblings, where were we? Ah,  of course. What is your strongest childhood memory?"

• Like 2

On 12/4/2018 at 11:45 AM, CaptainStrat said:

"Bleh- excuse my ramblings, where were we? Ah,  of course. What is your strongest childhood memory?"

Fred looks at her sister Taz and they both shrug.  "We're both still children," Fred says.  She pauses, then amends, "Well, you mores than me.  I'm thirteen now."

Taz shoves Fred's arm.  "I'm ten and I'm getting there!"

"I suppose my strongest memory so far would have to be the first time I saw snow.  I was about eight, I think.  We'd gone north on the wagon train and gotten stuck in mud when the storm came in.  It was fierce and howling and sounded like the sky was going to eat us, but I slept through most of that--"

"And that's your strongest memory?" Taz raised both her eyebrows.  She hadn't mastered the skill of raising only one.

"Hush.  After the storm passed we went out of the wagon and everything was perfectly sculpted in white.  Like baker's icing on a fancy cake.  It didn't taste sweet but it was fun to tramp around in and Mama showed us how to have a snowball fight.  The snow was all gone by evening, but it was nice."

"Huh."  Taz twitched her nose.  "My strongest memory is that day I learned how to weave spells together like a braid and fastened them to a belt so I had protection, luck, and stealth on my side.  I was able to sneak up on you in broad daylight and pour cold water on your head.  You yelped like a drowned cat!"  Taz giggled.

"What are you talking about?  You've never done that, and you don't even know how to weave spells yet."

Taz looked her dead in the eye.  "No, but someday I will."

They held the stare for as long as they could before dissolving into laughter.  Fred caught Taz's head in the crook of her arm and messed her hair up while Taz squawked.

"Anyway, enough about us.  What's the strangest adventure you've ever had?"