Jedi Knight Muse

Place to Advertise!

So, I'm looking for possible places to advertise the forum that 1. I haven't already (recently) put the link onto/don't already have a post with the link 2. allow the posting of links (I know there are some forums that don't allow advertising of other forums and such) 3. I'm not already aware of but haven't been able to post to yet (there are certain Facebook groups that I plan on posting the link in, but their promo days are on Fridays and Mondays so I have to wait).

Here are a list of the places I already know of/am already waiting on posting to:

• RPG Directory (I know we're not a role playing site, but it is a form of writing. I could go through a bunch of the fantasy RP forums and advertise there, but typically RP forums want to be able to drop a link back. We used to have a forum section for doing so, but we took it away because we really weren't getting many ads and it was just taking up space/going unused.)
  • NaNoWriMo - we have a post here, which I just bumped last night, and then there's a resource thread here where I also replied to it and let people know that we've upgraded the forum.
  • Mythic Scribes, which is another fantasy writers forum that I'm more of a lurking member of but I have a post dedicated to the forum there.
  • A few specific Facebook groups, such as NaNoLand (can't post until Friday), the official NaNoWriMo Facebook group (can't post until Monday), Fantasy Writers Support Guild (I thiiiink I have to wait until Monday? Need to double check that).
  • I posted the link in two of the Discord servers I'm in, in their resource channel. I'm in some other servers but they don't have resource channels and I'm not active in them so I'm not sure how much I'd get away with posting the link.
  • The fantasy writers Reddit has a no advertising policy, so I've only been able to get away with indirectly mentioning the forum but I don't think it's actually helped much. (i.e. the last time I was able to drop the link it was when we were on the old forum, and the one person I might have convinced to join didn't do so because we weren't mobile friendly at the time.)
  • Twitter! @bdcharles has been helping with staying on top of tweeting things out and such, so hopefully that will help a little bit.

Can you guys think of anywhere else that I could try posting that allows such topics? Are there any Discord servers you're members of that you could post the link into? Do you have friends that you can give the link to and encourage to join? Basically, I really want to get the word out there about the site as much as possible! The key is finding places that are 1. (fantasy) writing related 2. allow advertising. I'm looking for any suggestions that you can think of, and of course if you know of places you can post the link onto, please do so and let us know in this topic that you've done so (just so that I know where it's already been posted). I'll reply to this post when I've posted in the Facebook groups I've mentioned.

• Like 1

You could maybe post on Tumblr, with the tag #writeblr? Or if you don’t have a Tumblr account I’m willing to make the post with my writing blog 🙂 

Um… There’s a few writing blogs out there that could possibly be asked to add Wordsmyts to their list of resources? But other than that I’m not coming up with too much. 

52 minutes ago, LivvyMoore said:

You could maybe post on Tumblr, with the tag #writeblr? Or if you don’t have a Tumblr account I’m willing to make the post with my writing blog 🙂 

Um… There’s a few writing blogs out there that could possibly be asked to add Wordsmyts to their list of resources? But other than that I’m not coming up with too much. 

We have a tumblr but I’ve been reaaaally bad about updating it. I understand it even less than I understand Twitter 😛. @kherezae is actually looking into the Tumblr and is going to attempt to help maintain it, haha. 

6 minutes ago, Jedi Knight Muse said:

We have a tumblr but I’ve been reaaaally bad about updating it. I understand it even less than I understand Twitter 😛. @kherezae is actually looking into the Tumblr and is going to attempt to help maintain it, haha. 

Haha, yeah, Tumblr is not the most user friendly site out there, especially lately. It's been having a bunch of problems, especially with blog purges. Fantasy writers would probably be happy to have another community to migrate to 🙂 Just be warned, they've disabled linked posts from showing up in tags/searches, so if you reference the site it'll have to be a spaced out link. *sigh* 

17 minutes ago, LivvyMoore said:

Haha, yeah, Tumblr is not the most user friendly site out there, especially lately. It's been having a bunch of problems, especially with blog purges. Fantasy writers would probably be happy to have another community to migrate to 🙂 Just be warned, they've disabled linked posts from showing up in tags/searches, so if you reference the site it'll have to be a spaced out link. *sigh* 

Yikes, well that's not good, and sounds annoying 🙁 Hopefully Kher will have some luck getting the tumblr set up and getting the link out there for the fantasy writers to see.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jedi Knight Muse said:

Yikes, well that's not good, and sounds annoying 🙁 Hopefully Kher will have some luck getting the tumblr set up and getting the link out there for the fantasy writers to see.

Hopefully! I’m willing to reblog the post once it’s up 🙂 

4 minutes ago, LivvyMoore said:

Hopefully! I’m willing to reblog the post once it’s up 🙂 

The link to the Tumblr is https://worldsmythwriters.tumblr.com/. 

She hasn't done anything more beyond give it a pretty layout yet, lol. But at least you can follow it. 😄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jedi Knight Muse said:

The link to the Tumblr is https://worldsmythwriters.tumblr.com/. 

She hasn't done anything more beyond give it a pretty layout yet, lol. But at least you can follow it. 😄

Thank you very much! 

And thanks @kherezae for running it!!! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.