Mynoris

Library Genre Question

I went to post up a piece and I found myself just staring at the genre drop down.  It's a required field, so I have to use it to post my work.  The problem is, I'm absolutely useless when it comes to genre.  I'd like to get other people's opinion on what they think the genre is, but I can't post it to get that opinion without already knowing what my genre is.

So I guess I have two questions:

1) Is it possible for me to change my genre once I've posted a story?  Or would I have to find a way to delete and re-post the story?

2) Is it possible for there to be a 'genre' listed that is 'uncertain'?

7 hours ago, Mynoris said:

I went to post up a piece and I found myself just staring at the genre drop down.  It's a required field, so I have to use it to post my work.  The problem is, I'm absolutely useless when it comes to genre.  I'd like to get other people's opinion on what they think the genre is, but I can't post it to get that opinion without already knowing what my genre is.

So I guess I have two questions:

1) Is it possible for me to change my genre once I've posted a story?  Or would I have to find a way to delete and re-post the story?

2) Is it possible for there to be a 'genre' listed that is 'uncertain'?

I'm going to tag @kherezae because she would know better than me what the answer is to the first question (since I haven't tried to see if it's possible yet), but I believe you can change the genre. You just have to edit the submission again and select it from the drop down menu but I'm sure you can do it.

As far as the 'uncertain' thing goes, we could add that as an option.

• Thanks 1

You can change the genre! You can also select multiple if they seem to fit. I will add an uncertain option for you, but I can also add other options if there's something you feel would fit.

• Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.