LivvyMoore

Map Making

There’s a free map making software called Inkarnate. It has a really nice interface once you get used to it. Here’s a couple of examples of things I’ve made for it. 

With a free account, you can save up to 10 maps to the account, but you can make and save to your computer as many as you’d like. 

Ziplw9TyQL4J9rv6FAPo2WLEcpv5m07DA1wvV46uNhuhjuf_uiRB0vQb8navyz7XoXG9CijfUaYFAV5pdlc_l8xCrVXh2SVwqT4PFfuA8pgCt6SlFM5sBZ-MukPZmP6RKXK5f1kU

sB9rvXL5p2M3TofpIaxUWZ7gr4P1X9HnJq7ghpWBkbqGDjMz2j4t_vYRl9lQLUqNZtEoPY8O19V5IwSlutVDkGbB4iAGbCwFEgf21VnO8Ez0lK2mkS9ir6w72L95PSqRKpKjUtA0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've played around with Inkarnate before! I don't really "get it" (I haven't been able to come up with anything even close to yours 😮 plus I've never been very good at geographic stuff, so I'm just not good at it, period ) but one of the things that's made me really not want to play around with it too much is that they claim copyright (maybe not "copyright" - I don't remember the exact wording they use) over whatever you make with it unless you buy the license. So just be aware of that, 'cause it means that you can't publish the maps you make with it without having the license or whatever. But it's definitely fun to play around with just to get an idea!

• Like 1
  • Heartbroken 1

13 minutes ago, Jedi Knight Muse said:

I've played around with Inkarnate before! I don't really "get it" (I haven't been able to come up with anything even close to yours 😮 plus I've never been very good at geographic stuff, so I'm just not good at it, period ) but one of the things that's made me really not want to play around with it too much is that they claim copyright (maybe not "copyright" - I don't remember the exact wording they use) over whatever you make with it unless you buy the license. So just be aware of that, 'cause it means that you can't publish the maps you make with it without having the license or whatever. But it's definitely fun to play around with just to get an idea!

Ooh I didn't know that 😕 But I just like having a map to look at, so that's not too big of an problem for me, but it might be a dealbreaker for other people. Guess I should have done a little more research before posting it, whoops! 

• Heartbroken 1

49 minutes ago, LivvyMoore said:

Ooh I didn't know that 😕 But I just like having a map to look at, so that's not too big of an problem for me, but it might be a dealbreaker for other people. Guess I should have done a little more research before posting it, whoops! 

Haha, that's totally okay! XD A lot of people assume that they can just use it for free for whatever, but there's always that catch, so I just wanted to make you/anyone else aware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1