XanthussMarduk

Howdy oh fellow writers

Heya. I'm Xanthuss, you can also call me Isaac. I'm a gay man from Australia. I write mostly high fantasy, worldbuild for fun, and I'm the social media manager at WorldAnvil - a worldbuilding platform. I'm working on my WIP, presently in the 4th restart - the Witchverse. Hopefully one day a series. It's urban fantasy with a LGBT spin, exploring the adventures of an Elf Witch in Australia and his misfit gang of friends. I'm also studying Publishing & Writing at university. My favourite author is Gail Carriger, a steampunk writer. My present binge-show is She-ra and the Princess of Power, and I spend my time writing, worldbuilding, helping out at WorldAnvil, sometimes doing Twitch writing streams, and gaming (I'm on a Dark Souls stint at the moment).

• Like 1

Hail and well met Xanthuss Marduk!

I've watched a bit of the new She-Ra myself (though I haven't finished it), but I was raised on the original from the 80's, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. 🙂

I'm not much of an urban fantasy fan; I prefer a more historical bent.  But I admit, I haven't read many stories that take place in Australia, so I'm curious what the differences might be!

I hope you find yourself a comfortable 'home' here. 😄

Welcome aboard Xanthuss/Isaac. I'll be sure to check out both Gail Carriger and Worldanvil ... though I probably ought to get some work done first 🙂

Edited by bdcharles

Hi Xanthuss, welcome!

It's really cool that you work on WorldAnvil, I've just started using it myself! I'm a sucker for organising my world building and I love that it feels like I'm building my own little wiki for my WIP. 

Enjoy the forums! 

Welcome! I didn't know Twitch was also used for writing streams; that's really cool! Your WIP sounds pretty awesome, too. I love that we get people from all around the world here. Hope we can be helpful in your writing journey!

17 minutes ago, kherezae said:

Welcome! I didn't know Twitch was also used for writing streams; that's really cool! Your WIP sounds pretty awesome, too. I love that we get people from all around the world here. Hope we can be helpful in your writing journey!

Yep! I do a few worldbuilding and writing streams. And there is a whole community of authors who stream - writing workshops, write-ins, or just discussion groups.

3 hours ago, CaptainStrat said:

Hi Xanthuss, welcome!

It's really cool that you work on WorldAnvil, I've just started using it myself! I'm a sucker for organising my world building and I love that it feels like I'm building my own little wiki for my WIP. 

Enjoy the forums! 

Thank you ❤️ Yep! I love it. I have a WorldAnvil, still barebones, for my Wip here https://worldanvil.com/w/witchverse-XanthussMarduk.

Honestly most of my worldbuilding I've just done for fun so doing it for a novel is a new experience.

5 hours ago, bdcharles said:

Welcome aboard Xanthuss/Isaac. I'll be sure to check out both Gail Carriger and Worldanvil ... though I probably ought to get some work done first 🙂

Work is important! Thanks for the welcome.

8 hours ago, Mynoris said:

Hail and well met Xanthuss Marduk!

I've watched a bit of the new She-Ra myself (though I haven't finished it), but I was raised on the original from the 80's, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. 🙂

I'm not much of an urban fantasy fan; I prefer a more historical bent.  But I admit, I haven't read many stories that take place in Australia, so I'm curious what the differences might be!

I hope you find yourself a comfortable 'home' here. 😄

I usually write high fantasy, I admit, but I really felt like taking on urban fantasy this time. We'll see how it goes. I am Australian, so I guess it reflects writing what you know best.

Welcome! I just finished binging the new She-Ra, I quite liked it! Some of the characters seemed mildly queer coded and I'm hoping that doesn't turn out to be just a trick. Because I really like the show! I know I watched some of the original but I really don't have many memories of it, except there being pretty ladies with powers. I'm happy to see the new show has more character development. Netflix has a series called The Toys That Made Us, they have an episode on He-Man and talk about She-Ra, it was really interesting to learn the history of it.

I joined World Anvil last week! I'm hoping to beat the World Ember challenge but we'll see, I've got about 70 stubs needing filled out, with more to come. I want to nail down my pantheon and worldbuilding details so I can start my novel on Jan 1st. It is taking a lot more work than I thought it would!

Welcome 🙂 hope you have fun here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I'm around most of the time, especially on discord. Hope your WIP goes well, I'm stuck in the rewrite loop too haha (and both my fav authors are Aussie 😄 )

Welcome 🙂 hope you like it here!

I've just checked out WorldAnvil, looks neat! And now I'll find out some more stuff about Gail Carriger, I've been wanting to read a good steampunk novel for a while!

I'm late to the welcome party but welcome! I just started trying to use World Anvil a few days ago, and it's...interesting! Haha. I'm trying to find my way around it. I think I need to restart some of it 'cause when I first started on it, I was kind of confused but then I kind of started to get the hang of it. It's nice having a place where I can put all of my notes in one spot, especially because a lot of my notes are on Google docs right now and I have a LOT of stuff there and not tons of space left. XD

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!