Jedi Knight Muse

Merry Christmas!

200.gif

(I am posting this preemptively, due to the fact that I likely won't get a chance to do so between now and Christmas. Plus, I'm sure there are some of us who are likely already getting into the timezone where it's getting closer and closer!)

Merry Christmas, to those who celebrate, Worldsmythers!

Let's use this post to discuss Christmas! Tell us what you got this year. Any fun books or other writing related things?

So far I haven't really gotten anything yet. 😛 I did get a journal and set of nice pens from my mom's neighbor, though. Otherwise, typically we don't open presents until Christmas morning, although this year it's a bit different due to the fact that we're going up to my sister's tomorrow night and are sleeping and waking up there. There's five people that we have to cram into a van to get up there, and we can't fit all of us+the dog+aaall of the presents, so we're opening a few presents+stockings at home tomorrow night before we drive up to MA, and then the rest will be on Tuesday at my sister's. My dad and his fiance WERE supposed to be coming up to my sister's but they're both sick with the flu and with my sister being pregnant they can't take a chance and get them sick. So...I'm not quite sure when we're opening presents with them yet, other than hopefully "some time this week."

Anyway, I just wanted to get this post up since I'm not bringing my laptop with me to my sister's.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jedi Knight Muse said:

200.gif

(I am posting this preemptively, due to the fact that I likely won't get a chance to do so between now and Christmas. Plus, I'm sure there are some of us who are likely already getting into the timezone where it's getting closer and closer!)

Merry Christmas, to those who celebrate, Worldsmythers!

Let's use this post to discuss Christmas! Tell us what you got this year. Any fun books or other writing related things?

So far I haven't really gotten anything yet. 😛 I did get a journal and set of nice pens from my mom's neighbor, though. Otherwise, typically we don't open presents until Christmas morning, although this year it's a bit different due to the fact that we're going up to my sister's tomorrow night and are sleeping and waking up there. There's five people that we have to cram into a van to get up there, and we can't fit all of us+the dog+aaall of the presents, so we're opening a few presents+stockings at home tomorrow night before we drive up to MA, and then the rest will be on Tuesday at my sister's. My dad and his fiance WERE supposed to be coming up to my sister's but they're both sick with the flu and with my sister being pregnant they can't take a chance and get them sick. So...I'm not quite sure when we're opening presents with them yet, other than hopefully "some time this week."

Anyway, I just wanted to get this post up since I'm not bringing my laptop with me to my sister's.

Merry xmas! I got a new bookshelf 😜, which is great because my old one was falling apart. This one is almost full already though so I'm going to have to get another one by mid next year!

• Like 1

Let's see if I can remember what I got offhand:

Quesadilla maker
Toaster oven
Game of Thrones season 5 DVD set
David Cook (my favorite musician) t-shirt
David Cook hoodie
New printer (excited to set that up) and ink cartridges
New comforter
Calendar full of pictures of my nephew/me with my nephew
Shampoo/conditioner/deodorant/toothbrush/hand soaps
Candy
A new blanket with cats on it
Deep Blue (book) (I got this from my friend in the mail yesterday). I'm on chapter...four already? She also sent me the second book.
A $15 Amazon gift card

I THINK that's it, at least for the moment. There's still the presents from my dad and his fiance, plus my sister has a few more presents for me (she divided them up between the two houses).

• Like 1

Merry Christmas!

I got...

A sorting hat replica
replica crystal shell cup thing Dumbledore drinks out of when they find the RB locket
replica Hogwarts letter
mirror of erised replica
The Dark Crystal prequel comics
The Dark Crystal sequel comic
Gaston doll
Bell doll
Ursula doll
socks
book of writing prompts
Amazon giftcard
groceries giftcard and restaurant giftcard
money

Probably forgetting stuff but that's what stands out. Basically going to have to redo my Harry Potter display lol. Might need a second display cabinet.

I cooked turkey dinner today and it turned out well, have lots of leftovers. My husband really liked the presents I made for him so that's a relief 🙂

• Like 1

Money, chocolate, and a small toy dragon. And the blessing of some family members as I came out as transgender to them. And their appreciation of a musical performance for them, finally, instead of just dealing with me and my usually-abrasive music. Falling into more complete love for narrative at the forefront of art brought me to the folk harp the past few months, and that helped considerably for me to get to that point with them.

I have already used some of the money I received to buy a very pretty dress I have had my eye on for months and a few other smaller things, mostly to complement it. So I guess mostly I received self-reassurance. And also a lovely toy dragon. That is also important.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zovi said:

Money, chocolate, and a small toy dragon. And the blessing of some family members as I came out as transgender to them. And their appreciation of a musical performance for them, finally, instead of just dealing with me and my usually-abrasive music. Falling into more complete love for narrative at the forefront of art brought me to the folk harp the past few months, and that helped considerably for me to get to that point with them.

I have already used some of the money I received to buy a very pretty dress I have had my eye on for months and a few other smaller things, mostly to complement it. So I guess mostly I received self-reassurance. And also a lovely toy dragon. That is also important.

Congratulations, I'm glad coming out went well for you 🙂

Besides the photos, I also got the following books:

Joe Abercrombie - Sharp Ends, Best Served Cold, Before They Are Hanged, Last Argument of Kings (I already have The Blade Itself)

Jay Kristoff - Nevernight, Godsgrave, Stormdancer, Kinslayer, Endsinger

Trudi Canavan - Successor's Promise (to complete the Millennium's Rule Trilogy)

Robin Hobb - Assassin's Fate (to complete Fitz and the Fool Trilogy)

A quiet time really, just me and hubbie, listening to music on our new hifi system.  We're old-school and don't do all this ipod dock malarkey.  We prefer CDs and in some cases vinyl.  We also watched some DVDs and I managed not to ruin the dinner. 

Hubbie got music CDs and plenty of spiritual/esoteric non-fiction books. 

demonia boots 24nov18.jpg

who dvds xmas 2018.jpg

@Zovi - Very pleased for you.  I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.