Sign in to follow this  
Pinchofmagic

Links

0165c190c7596c0c2d16f01f831834f6.jpg.dd2042794e62a31aa6b30bc05db3bc4a.jpg

A place to put links to articles and blogs on comedy writing, sites with funny stories, or other interesting things on how to put more fun into your fantasy... Funtasy? Hm. Well, it might catch on. Anyway, write a little about why you like the article, and what it's about. 

Making To-Do Lists for your characters 

I found this article about easier ways to plot by making To-Do Lists for four of your characters, and maybe even end up using those lists in the book. That just seemed so funny, like every chapter could be a thing the character has to check off, like "Finding that darn mcguffin" or "Do laundry", and even have the most exciting stuff happen during the most mundane chores. It felt full of possibility for comedy, so I'll link it here:

https://writerswrite.co.za/how-your-characters-to-do-lists-help-you-plot/

From the article:

Tips For To-Do Lists For Your Characters

• Choose the four main characters and make lists for them.
  • Create the lists for the timeline of your novel. If the novel spans a long time, create a list for what they want to achieve by the end of the novel.
  • Limit the number of items to 10 to help you focus. 
  • Create tangible lists. Be specific. For example: Don’t say: ‘Feel better about myself.’ Do say: ‘Lose 20 kg.’ or ‘Stop saying yes to everybody.’
  • Write the list through the eyes of the character – not as the author of the book.

Have fun with your lists and use them to help you define story goals and plot your novels.

Sign in to follow this