Jedi Knight Muse

May Check-In Thread

(Using @Manu's original write up from March with some edits!)
Welcome to the May check-in thread for the Worldsmyths Community Writing Challenge 2019!

@Jedi Knight Muse will be doing the updates for May, and will be using the "nice" reaction to let you know that your word count has been added to the Excel sheet.

Checking in to update your word count
You can either tell us the number of words you wrote since your last check-in (words to add), or keep track of your total and post your updated total word count (new total) - simply choose the option that is more convenient for you. You don't have to do any calculating, our spreadsheet will do that for you.

Simply copy and paste this form - you only have to provide one of the numbers, you can ignore the other one. I am adding a third part to this form, which anyone who did NOT participate in March can ignore. This third part is for your previous total - so, if you ended up reaching 15k in March, you would provide the exact numbers for what your final total was. If you did not participate in March (meaning you either didn't sign up in time or you just didn't check in), your number will be set to 0 in the spreadsheet until you update with your word count for April. I hope this makes sense, but if you're still confused please make sure to reply to this post with any questions.)

Remember, if this is the first time you're participating in the challenge and you did not participate in April, please only count words that you are writing in May toward your word count for this - meaning, even if you wrote during March but weren't yet signed up for the challenge, you'll have to start from 0 with your actual word count for the challenge.

I wrote words!
Previous month's total: [x] words
Words to add: [x] words
New total: [x] words

For those of you who prefer to not reset your word count each month, @Manu added the option to tell us your overall total of all challenge months to the spreadsheet.

So how does this spreadsheet thing work?

Here is this year's word count spreadsheet! You'll need to click on the May tab to see the stats and such for each person.

In order to access your individual stats, click on the "+" left of your name, and the sheet should expand and show them.

spreadsheet1.png

spreadsheet2.png

Bug reports concerning the spreadsheet can be posted here in this thread as well.

Tagging: @airrica, @Trekkie, @Penguinball, @PurpleChocolate, @Storycollector, @TricksterShi, @TwistedRiver, @EdelBeeRocker, @Mynoris, @Elena, @Emskie-Wings, @Pinchofmagic, @Tangwystle, @EliBrightwood, @Tigtogiba34, @lorneytunes, @DaVinci, @M.N. Lanthier, @Robert/Rob

so that you all see that the check in post has been made, since I forgot to do it before the 1st. Please also remember to use the provided form!

• Like 1

Sweet! I started at exactly midnight and went on a writing spree without sleep o.o time to crash now!

I wrote words!
Previous total: [0] words
words to add: [13384] words
new total: [13384] words

• Nice! 2

Rocketing along:

May tallies: new [total]

1: 653 [653]

2: 743 [1,396]

3: 537 [1,933]

1623692363_Coverv0-crop3.png.9f8ea4a91e46d9d740efb8813eb10b06.png

• Nice! 1

Words to add: 2,231 new total: 4,164

• Nice! 1

I wrote words!
March total: [16,733] words

April total: [21,847] words
Total May up to now: [4,475] words
New total: [43,055] words

• Nice! 1

I wrote words!

New total: 5.541 as of May 5th

• Nice! 1

Also, I just had a look at the spreadsheet and I think that's a problem with my name. I have just announced my first total of the month so I should still be on 0 for the month of May. So, where did that 13k come from?

5 minutes ago, Emskie-Wings said:

Also, I just had a look at the spreadsheet and I think that's a problem with my name. I have just announced my first total of the month so I should still be on 0 for the month of May. So, where did that 13k come from?

Ugh...it came from me screwing up and not realizing I entered someone's numbers into the wrong spot. 😧:classic_rolleyes: thanks for pointing that out to me, lol....this will be fun to deal with.

That was easier than I thought it would be to fix XD I put @EliBrightwood's total into your slot by accident. XD All fixed now.

Previous month's total: [19147] words
Words to add: [595] words
New total: [595] words

For May 5th

May 5th: New words: 568 Total: 4,732 words

May 6th: New words: 842 Total: 5,574 words

• Nice! 1

Words to add: 1,046 total: 6,634

• Nice! 1

May 8th: new words, 534, total 7,168

May 9th, new words, 1,187, total 8,355

• Nice! 1

I wrote words!
Previous total: [13384] words
words to add: [9323] words
new total: [22707] words

• Nice! 1

More words! We are go for this test!

Words to add: 1,059 new total: 9,414

• Nice! 1

Previous month's total: N/A
Words to add: 500 words
New total: 500 words

(I hope I'm filling this out correctly.  This is my first time doing this challenge.}

• Nice! 1

6 hours ago, Trekkie said:

Previous month's total: N/A
Words to add: 500 words
New total: 500 words

(I hope I'm filling this out correctly.  This is my first time doing this challenge.}

If 500 words is what you've written so far in May then yep, you're doing it right. XD

I wrote words!
Previous total: [22707] words
words to add: [3070] words
new total: [25777] words

• Nice! 1

I wrote words!
March total: 15,728 words

April total: 15,157 words
Total May up to now: 3,915 words

• Nice! 1