Mynoris

My New Goal - Keeping Focused

(I didn't know what section to put this in, so bear with me.)

I know I've dithered back and forth on this, but I think that it really will be best in the big scope of things for me to focus on transcribing my handwritten work right now instead of finishing any particular story.  While this might set me back as far as writing goes, I can't just think about myself.  The need to declutter my house is very important to my whole family right now, so that's 9 other people who are working to dejunk as well.  I'm moving into a space that will be much smaller, and I will have to get rid of a lot of things.  Now, I'm certainly not going to get rid of my writing; that would be like cutting off an arm or something, but if I can transcribe everything a thumb drive will take up a lot less space than several hulking binders and three folder-holders full of duo-tangs.  I have maybe a year to do this, maybe less.

So, if people want to encourage me on Discord or anything, just remind me to transcribe something. 😄 I would greatly appreciate this.  

• Like 2

Just as a visual idea of how much I'm going through, and why it will save me some shelf-space:

20190601_211345.jpg

• Wow! 1

You can do it! I'm a big fan of decluttering. This may benefit your writing in the long run- in the process of going through and transcribing you may find old ideas that you lost! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And having it in electronic format means you can always edit and finish and do things to it in a second version! Ultimately, you will submit them in electronic format, so why not writing everything at the pc? I know, I had to transcribe what I had written before owning a PC, and I still did it...

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the support so far. 😄

It will be a challenging endeavor for me to type it all up without trying to fix more than the most obvious and superficial of problems.  If I stop to rewrite and fix content problems, I'll never get done, so I have to keep a steel resolve to type up even the most cringe-worthy parts of the stories and promise myself I'll sort it out later.