JayCee

Hey, Howdy, Hi there

Basics

Name/Penname: JayCee & Chasen

State/country:  US

Education:  Juris Doctorate 

Hobbies and Favorites

What are your hobbies?  writing, reading, watching TV

What is/are your favorite book(s) and authors?  Stephen King mostly.

What is/are your favorite movie(s) and TV show(s)?  12 Monkeys, Repo the Genetic Opera, Sweeney Todd, Twin Peaks, Farscape, The Walking Dead

Writing

How long have you been writing?  Forever.  Started out writing plays to perform with my brother for our parents.

What was the first story you wrote that you remember? (Is it finished, and has anyone read it?)  A story about a squirrel teasing our dogs.  My brother and I thought it was hilarious.

Tell us a little about your favorite character to write about.   JayCee:  Matthew James:  I can't get rid of him and he's such a creep.  Although he is turning around a bit, reluctantly.   Chasen:  Tyrion Vere Draakon, whenever I can bring him back.  He got a little too...much and had to go away for a while.  In fact, a whole timeline had to be wiped out.

Tell us a little about a fantasy world you've created.   Elidora is comprised of two continents.  It is a counter earth or parallel dimension of sorts.  The Shadowlands has six realms.  Qelayia is divided into the Tempest Lands and the Olajefant Confederacy.  Tempest has four realms and the Crownlands and the Confederacy is made up of thirteen city-states.  Parallel to Elidora is the Shadow dimension, home of the amorphous Shadow and all who serve it.  The Shadow has been influencing the denizens of Elidora for generations and has been trying to rebirth the Shadow Lord, Elsroy Arania.  It is a massively huge world with over 700k words already.  Originally based on roleplay. 

Tell us a little about your current work in progress. How's it going?  We have close to a dozen books currently in progress (incomplete first drafts), all at various stages but generally all between about 20k and 200k words.  In addition, there are six novels with completed and extensively edited drafts.  

Have you participated in NaNoWriMo? If so, how has your experience been?  We have participated in each Nano and each camp since 2013 and won all.  Lifetime words for Nano hit over one million last year (not including camps).  The problem has been that despite hitting huge numbers for Nano, nothing has gotten finished in the past few years.

Worldsmyths

How did you find out about Worldsmyths? Facebook Nano Group.

What made you decide to join?  Looked interesting.

What do you hope to gain from Worldsmyths? (Examples: Find a beta reader, get feedback, motivation, a sense of community, fine-tuning the craft, etc)  Unsure.  We were part of the local region but it was way too cliquey.  Like 75% of them were BFFs and always willing to help each other out or hear them out, read their stuff, give advice, but didn't seem to have anything to say about the other people's stuff. 

• Like 1

I actually had to look up what Juris Doctorate meant. 🙂

Welcome aboard, both of you.  Though, isn't it problematic to both be using a singular account?

Thank you and "we" are two very different sides of a shared personage.  Because my writing content is so diverse, it was easier to create two different pen names and identities.  JayCee is more dark, horror, thriller, mass mayhem.  Chasen is fantasy and scifi.  Some projects will be more combined.

• Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.