Penguinball

Vampire Writing Challenge?

Would anyone be interested in a vampire themed writing challenge? I think it would be fun to try and write a story that includes at least one of the old vampire tropes that are falling out of favour in modern stories. The ones I can think of are:

• allergic to garlic
  • holy water hurts them
  • silver hurts them
  • sunlight harms/insta kills them
  • aversion to crosses
  • must sleep in a coffin
  • victim is dead and buried before rising from the ground as a vampire
  • cannot cross running water
  • counting obsession
  • must be invited into a home
  • missing reflections
  • transformation (bat, wolf, smoke/fog)

Can you think of any others to add?

As for length, I think we could be flexible. Anything from a 500 word scene to a 5000 excerpt. I don't think we need to hand in completed stories, excerpts and scenes are acceptable to me. Thoughts?

I would be up for this. I don't know if this counts as a trope but it goes with the silver aversion but Judas being the first Vampire is something I have seen a lot of in old stories.

Other tropes includes blood swapping to become a vampire, werewolf bites can kill and only wooden stake to the heart or beheading could kill them

I would be up for this. 🙂  Just to work out nitty gritty details of when to start and when to end.  Or just have it open ended.  Things like that.  

I'm leaning to maybe not open ended, but a longer time period. This project would fall more towards the bottom of my priority list at the moment, a spare time kinda thing?

9 hours ago, Penguinball said:

I'm leaning to maybe not open ended, but a longer time period. This project would fall more towards the bottom of my priority list at the moment, a spare time kinda thing?

That sounds good to me.  I'm not a fan of short deadlines, and I would probably not be able to manage it in that case.  But thoughts from others would be nice. 😄  We'll discuss it for a bit and hopefully a couple more vampire fans will join the ranks, so to speak. 🙂