Jedi Knight Muse

July Community Writing Challenge Sign Ups (June 22nd - July 6th)

giphy.gif
Worldsmyths Community Writing Challenge
Round Five: July Sign Ups

June 22nd - July 6th

The next round of sign ups for the challenge is here already! This will work the same exact why as it did for previous months. You'll have until July 6th by 11:59 PM GMT-4 to sign up for the month of July. (The word count check ins for June are still going, but we're giving everyone two weeks to sign up each time the next month is approaching.) If you miss the deadline for July, you will be able to sign up for August starting on July 20th. Please remember, in order to have your word check-ins counted for July, you must have signed up by responding to this post!

This post is specifically just for choosing and pledging a word count that you want to aim for during the month of July.

In order to sign up, you must reply to this post with the word count goal you would like to pledge for July. In order to keep the thread clean, please leave all discussion out of this post. If you have any questions, you can use this post to ask them.

If you miss the deadline for signing up by a day or two, we will probably make an exception, but otherwise you'll have to wait until the August sign up is posted.

When choosing your goal, remember that you are not aiming to write it within the six months as a whole, you are aiming to write it within a single month. Remember, you do not have to choose the same word count as the previous month. If you surpassed your goal or didn't come anywhere close to it, you are welcome to aim for a higher/lower goal for the month of April. You'll keep writing toward your word count goal for May until May 31st at midnight in your time zone.

Remember that the following things count toward your word count:

Story writing (novels/short stories)
Fan Fiction
Brainstorming (world building, character building, etc)
Editing

If you have not been checking into the check in post for June with your word counts, please make sure you do so! The check in post is here.

-Name here-

-Name here-

@roadmagician
@Penguinball

@Anthony Lockwood

@Misades

@dragonhavn
@Mynoris

@Elena

@Jedi Knight Muse

@Rohierim

@airrica

@TricksterShi

@lorneytunes

@DaVinci

-Name here-

@M.N. Lanthier

@Emskie-Wings

@A Blue Gorilla

@Sam
@Tigtogiba34
@jdvollans

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

Tagging: @Penguinball, @Mynoris, @Sheepy-Pie, @Pinchofmagic, @taintedhero, @C_M_Clark, @RKM, @LShelby, @Amblygon, @Romancegirl, @Titania, @XanthussMarduk, @Autumn, @Crysania, @bdcharles, @Jessitiz, @DaVinci, @Tigtogiba34, @nikipinz, @fenn, @airrica, @Anthony Lockwood, @Dreamcatcher, @electric, @Elena, @TricksterShi, @Emskie-Wings, @Fluffypoodel, @EdelBeeRocker, @EliBrightwood, @lorneytunes, @M.N. Lanthier, @Pinchofmagic, @PurpleChocolate, @Storycollector, @Tangwystle, @Trekkie, @TricksterShi, @TwistedRiver, @roadmagician, @CrabbyMaiden, @Krimson Ravyn, @mathgnome, @tllbrinkley, @Dizzy72, @ZillieR00, @Misades, @jdvollans, @Sam, @lisa.morgan, @Rohierim, @jdvollans

It's going to be a stupid busy month at work - put me down for 30,000. (If it gets tight, I'll count my editing time).

I pledge 20k for July. Let's see if I make it.

I'll do 45k next month. I hope I'll make it because July is the busiest month on the campground.

• Like 1

50,000 words for July aka Camp Nano

not lodging though trying to do it all on my own-ish? but I have a group to meet up with at my Local Barnes and Noble to keep me in check, k Tig we just needed the # thx

• Like 1

10k please

• Like 1

I'm going to go for 60k again in July. I can already tell this is going to be an extreme leap to get to. If I can do it then it proves it can be done under the most ridiculous of time crunches. So we'll see.

Roh

I think I would like to change mine to 20,000 for July. I'm going to be doing a lot of editing so the new words may come a bit slow.

Roh