Jedi Knight Muse

July Community Writing Challenge Sign Ups (June 22nd - July 6th)

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, Tigtogiba34 said:

you doing camp Nano or just that your goal?

No, just my goal in my current wip. Will likely be doing nano this November, though. It'll be good to take a little brake from this fantasy series and do a shorter project.

On 6/30/2019 at 10:59 PM, Rohierim said:

I think I would like to change mine to 20,000 for July. I'm going to be doing a lot of editing so the new words may come a bit slow.

Roh

Technically we don't allow participants to lower their word counts, they can only pledge higher according to the rules. Since it's still the beginning of the month, I'll go ahead and change it, though.

Updated!

So I guess since it's camp anyways, I should go ahead and pledge my goal of 50k? That how this works?

5 hours ago, jdvollans said:

So I guess since it's camp anyways, I should go ahead and pledge my goal of 50k? That how this works?

It's how it can work, sure! You don't have to do the same goal as camp if you don't want, but it does make sense for you to do it for both things. XD

Oh, since you can't downgrade, I guess you can't back out either. Just consider me incapable of meeting goal and too stupid to realize it. Sorry. Bye.

35 minutes ago, dragonhavn said:

Oh, since you can't downgrade, I guess you can't back out either. Just consider me incapable of meeting goal and too stupid to realize it. Sorry. Bye.

You're more than welcome to back out if you feel that you won't be able to make the goal for the month. As far as downgrading goes, as I said, since it's the beginning of the month it's fine to do. If you want to change your goal to something lower, go for it. The reason we don't generally allow downgrading is because of the excel sheet, mainly, and because we'd rather not have people constantly upping or lowering their pledges. I hope that that makes sense and that you'll consider still participating. You're welcome to lower your goal since it's still the beginning of the month. Or if you decide that you can't participate this month after all but you can next month, you can always go for a lower goal next month instead.

On 7/4/2019 at 6:20 PM, Jedi Knight Muse said:

You're more than welcome to back out if you feel that you won't be able to make the goal for the month. As far as downgrading goes, as I said, since it's the beginning of the month it's fine to do. If you want to change your goal to something lower, go for it. The reason we don't generally allow downgrading is because of the excel sheet, mainly, and because we'd rather not have people constantly upping or lowering their pledges. I hope that that makes sense and that you'll consider still participating. You're welcome to lower your goal since it's still the beginning of the month. Or if you decide that you can't participate this month after all but you can next month, you can always go for a lower goal next month instead.

Since I can't seem to figure out any other way to reply than to do this full quote thing, Thank you for responding so quickly. I just didn't notice that anyone had. Due to a number of things happening, including my muse abandoning ship abruptly ... I'd glare at her, but she seems to have dashed off to the other side of the world at the moment, thus glaring not so functional ... and it doesn't look like the brain is going to be functioning on any level of creativity any time in the near future, I'm not going to be participating. Sorry. Again, t hank you for the response.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:57 AM, dragonhavn said:

Since I can't seem to figure out any other way to reply than to do this full quote thing, Thank you for responding so quickly.

If you select the text that you want to quote from within a response, it gives you the option to quote just that text, like this:

a0z2o3.png

You actually just reminded me that I should do a tutorial on how to do things like this on the forum, so thank you XD And you're welcome for the reply. XD

That's fair enough! I hope you'll be able to participate in August. 🙂