Jedi Knight Muse

July Check-in Thread

(Using @Manu's original write up from March with some edits!)
Welcome to the July check-in thread for the Worldsmyths Community Writing Challenge 2019!

Checking in to update your word count
You can either tell us the number of words you wrote since your last check-in (words to add), or keep track of your total and post your updated total word count (new total) - simply choose the option that is more convenient for you. You don't have to do any calculating, our spreadsheet will do that for you.

Simply copy and paste this form - you only have to provide one of the numbers, you can ignore the other one. I am adding a third part to this form, which anyone who did NOT participate in March can ignore. This third part is for your previous total - so, if you ended up reaching 15k in March, you would provide the exact numbers for what your final total was. If you did not participate in March (meaning you either didn't sign up in time or you just didn't check in), your number will be set to 0 in the spreadsheet until you update with your word count for April. I hope this makes sense, but if you're still confused please make sure to reply to this post with any questions.)

Remember, if this is the first time you're participating in the challenge and you did not participate in April, please only count words that you are writing in May toward your word count for this - meaning, even if you wrote during March but weren't yet signed up for the challenge, you'll have to start from 0 with your actual word count for the challenge.

Note: We've added an additional spot into the form, which is "today's date," because the forum is weird with the way it shows dates (i.e. it says 23 hours ago but then I'm like "uuh, what date was it 23 hours day?") and it's just ultimately easier to have you guys say what the date is when you're updating, especially if, on our end, it looks like you've actually updated twice in one day. So for our own sanity, please make sure you say whatever date it is that you're updating for! Please do not edit it out/skip answering it when responding with your word count!

I wrote words!
Today's date:
Previous month's total:
[x] words
Words to add: [x] words
New total: [x] words

For those of you who prefer to not reset your word count each month, @Manu added the option to tell us your overall total of all challenge months to the spreadsheet.

So how does this spreadsheet thing work?

Here is this year's word count spreadsheet! You'll need to click on the May tab to see the stats and such for each person.

In order to access your individual stats, click on the "+" left of your name, and the sheet should expand and show them.

spreadsheet1.png

spreadsheet2.png

Bug reports concerning the spreadsheet can be posted here in this thread as well.

I wrote words!
Today's date: [July 1, 2019]
Words to add: [1,870] words
New total: [1,870] words

"When I got to the lab, the system was still on with a short message in the queue – TRUST NO ONE, RUN."

• Like 1

I wrote words!
Today's date: July 1, 2019
Previous month's total: [37,889] words
Words to add: [1,464] words

• Like 1

I wrote words!
Today's date: June 2nd
Previous month's total:
[12152] words
Words to add: [1000] words
New total: [13152] words

• Confused 1

I wrote words!

Total; 4745 words as of July 2nd

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roadmagician said:

I wrote words!
Today's date: June 2nd
Previous month's total:
[12152] words
Words to add: [1000] words
New total: [13152] words

June 2nd or July 2nd? 😛

Also, by "new total," we mean the new total for the month of July, not for June. You're not adding on the 1,000 words from July onto your previously written word count for your month's total. i.e. I wrote like 19k for June, but if I write 1,000 words I'm not adding 1,000 words to that 19k for JUST the month of July's total. It would only be added into your total for ALL of the months you've participated in the challenge. Does that make sense? (I could be wrong/explaining it incorrectly, my brain is kind of like o____o trying to update the sheet XD)

I wrote words!

Today's date: [July 2, 2019]
Words to add: [1,813] words
New total: [3,683] words

“We’re being hunted aren’t we?”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jedi Knight Muse said:

June 2nd or July 2nd? 😛

Also, by "new total," we mean the new total for the month of July, not for June. You're not adding on the 1,000 words from July onto your previously written word count for your month's total. i.e. I wrote like 19k for June, but if I write 1,000 words I'm not adding 1,000 words to that 19k for JUST the month of July's total. It would only be added into your total for ALL of the months you've participated in the challenge. Does that make sense? (I could be wrong/explaining it incorrectly, my brain is kind of like o____o trying to update the sheet XD)

July! 😄 Thank you, I misread it. So my "total" would be 1000.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roadmagician said:

July! 😄 Thank you, I misread it. So my "total" would be 1000.

Yup, exactly! 😄

Last year we did it where we let everyone add their word counts for each month without "resetting" word counts for the start and each month, but this year we're doing individual months instead in order to let people sign up for individual months rather than having to commit to all six months.

• Like 1

I wrote words!

Today's date: [July 3, 2019]
Words to add: [1,808] words
New total: [5,491] words

“Neutralized in their parlance. So, tell me how those cryptic messages worked out.”

• Like 1

I wrote words!

Today's date: [July 4, 2019]
Words to add: [420] words
New total: [1420] words

• Like 1

I wrote words!
Today's date: July 4th
Previous month's total: [19,247] words
Words to add: [3,781] words +500 words that I added yesterday (the third) for...something into the excel sheet and didn't make a note of/reply with here.
New total: [4,281] words 

I wrote words!

Today's date: [July 4, 2019]
Words to add: [1,863] words
New total: [7,354] words

“I have. I did think of the alternatives, not in this decade of some stone knife-wielding shaman in a bearskin covered operating theatre.”

• Like 1

wrote words!
Today's date: July 5th
Words to add: [1,107] words
New total: [5,388] words

I wrote words!

Today's date: [July 5, 2019]
Words to add: [1,275] words
New total: [8,629] words

Mike stopped. “Wait! This makes me that guy with the funny eyes on the porch!”

• Like 1