Jedi Knight Muse

August Community Writing Challenge Sign Ups (July 20th - August 3rd)

giphy.gif
Worldsmyths Community Writing Challenge
Round Six: August Sign Ups

July 20th - August 3rd

The next round of sign ups for the challenge is here already! This will work the same exact why as it did for previous months. You'll have until August 3rd by 11:59 PM GMT-4 to sign up for the month of August. (The word count check ins for May are still going, but we're giving everyone two weeks to sign up each time the next month is approaching.) Please remember, in order to have your word check-ins counted for August, you must have signed up by responding to this post! This is the last month to participate in the challenge until next year!

This post is specifically just for choosing and pledging a word count that you want to aim for during the month of August.

In order to sign up, you must reply to this post with the word count goal you would like to pledge for August. In order to keep the thread clean, please leave all discussion out of this post. If you have any questions, you can use this post to ask them.

If you miss the deadline for signing up by a few days, we will make an exception and allow you to sign up.

If you need a refresher of the FAQs and rules, head here.

When choosing your goal, remember that you are not aiming to write it within the six months as a whole, you are aiming to write it within a single month. Remember, you do not have to choose the same word count as the previous month. If you surpassed your goal or didn't come anywhere close to it, you are welcome to aim for a higher/lower goal for the month of August. You'll keep writing toward your word count goal for July until July 31st at midnight in your time zone.

Remember that the following things count toward your word count:

Story writing (novels/short stories)
Fan Fiction

Brainstorming (world building, character building, etc)
Editing

If you have not been checking into the check in post for July with your word counts, please make sure you do so! The check in post is here.

@TwistedRiver
@Penguinball

@Trekkie
@Jedi Knight Muse

@AlexanderN

@Elena

@airrica

@dahj_the_bison
@lorneytunes

-Name here-

-Name here-

@DaVinci
@Sam

-Name here-

@Tangwystle

@Emskie-Wings

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

-Name here-

Tagging: @Penguinball, @Mynoris, @Pinchofmagic, @taintedhero, @C_M_Clark, @RKM, @LShelby, @Amblygon, @Arc, @Titania, @XanthussMarduk, @Autumn, @Crysania, @bdcharles, @Jessitiz, @Sheepy-Pie, @DaVinci, @nikipinz, @fenn, @airrica, @Anthony Lockwood, @Dreamcatcher, @electric, @TricksterShi, @Elena, @Emskie-Wings, @Fluffypoodel, @EdelBeeRocker, @lorneytunes, @EliBrightwood, @M.N. Lanthier, @Pinchofmagic, @PurpleChocolate, @Storycollector, @Tangwystle, @Trekkie, @TricksterShi, @TwistedRiver, @roadmagician, @CrabbyMaiden, @Krimson Ravyn, @mathgnome, @RKM, @tllbrinkley, @Dizzy72, @ZillieR00, @A Blue Gorilla, @Misades, @Rohierim, @Sam, @dragonhavn, @airrica, @jdvollans

I have been doing a lot of writing last month.  I just forgot about checking in with this site.  I want to sign up  for 7k words this month.

• Like 1

15,000 for August

Updated! Keep signing up, there's still plenty of time to do so!

I wanna say 65 but I don't think I'll make it. I'll go for 60k instead, which I don't think I'll make either. But I want one last big goal before the end of this challenge, no matter if I'm going to hate myself in a few weeks for choosing this, haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Penguinball said:

In order to keep my goal manageable, I would like 5 words please

I'm going to assume you mean 5,000 words 😛

528 words / day * 31 days = 16,678 words. Too low.
Put me down for an even 40,000 words.

Here's five words: "Your story will be awesome!"

• Like 1

I suppose I should sign myself up 😛

Um...I'll shoot for 7k, what the hell.

I just started back to work, so I'm only going to pledge 5k this month.

• Like 1