katfireblade

Today's Funny - Christians petition Netflix to cancel Good Omens

All right, so apparently I missed the boat on laughing about this back in June, but in case anyone else is as out of touch as me...here, have a laugh!

So, apparently 20,000 Christians petitioned Netflix to cancel the Good Omens TV series (based on a book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett) because, well, of course they did. 🙄 Apparently according to some particularly clueless folks, ye olde great creator somehow created humor but is devoid of having any himself.

The funny?

The show only airs on Amazon Prime.

The truly funny?

Nextflix's response:

ok we promise not to make anymore

And Amazon Prime's thoughts?:

Hey @netflix, we'll cancel Stranger Things if you cancel Good Omens. 😉

All I have to say is it's a good thing these people don't read manga, because hooo-boy, the depictions of Christianity there would make their nose hairs curl.

I'm just saying (below cut):

Spoiler

image.png.c937d1e6f28d03d9f2bdee032d6ac02f.pngimage.png.b23659778f10c47ba49a0a1ca1a4ad67.pngimage.png.94197a39628c674fe142a29fc47f9f3d.pngimage.png.645e98e55f729abb5a2496cff07bb0ab.png

Heh heh heh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Guardian quoted the petition as voicing concern that the show “mocks God’s wisdom,” and questioning why a woman was allowed to voice God in the first place. (Frances McDormand plays God in the series.)

Were they also concerned about God being played by somebody not of Palestinian descent, by any chance?

I'm just sayin', if you insist on Biblical accuracy when it comes to casting the part, gender isn't the only thing you should take into account.

• Agree 1