Jedi Knight Muse

NaNoWriMo 2019 Buddies

Okay, so it looks like the NaNo preview site is back up, and I THINK this means that we're good to go for adding buddies! Since buddies were not transferred over onto the new site, those of us who've added each other as buddies in the past will have to re-add each other.

Reply to this post with a link to your NaNo profile on the new site (which you can find here) and I'll add it into this post so everyone can add each other!

Jedi Knight Muse

Penguinball

Kat Fireblade

https://preview.nanowrimo.org/participants/sam-espelho

I wonder when my profile stops being such a mess. :D They seem to be fixing things; I now have the Camp projects that weren't there a week ago listed among my projects again, except most of them are listed with zero word count. And on the main page of my profile, it says I've only participated in NaNoWriMo once; the Projects part of the profile does show the correct number, those (participated 3 times with this account, won once). My first NaNowriMo project for this account from 2015 seems to show up as the most recent or main one. Maybe I should start somehow fixing it all manually...

5 hours ago, Sam said:

https://preview.nanowrimo.org/participants/sam-espelho

I wonder when my profile stops being such a mess. 😄 They seem to be fixing things; I now have the Camp projects that weren't there a week ago listed among my projects again, except most of them are listed with zero word count. And on the main page of my profile, it says I've only participated in NaNoWriMo once; the Projects part of the profile does show the correct number, those (participated 3 times with this account, won once). My first NaNowriMo project for this account from 2015 seems to show up as the most recent or main one. Maybe I should start somehow fixing it all manually...

I added you back!

Yeah, I hope they keep fixing things sooner rather than later. My profile still says I've only participated once...I haven't looked lately to see if there are any feedback threads regarding that issue, though. My projects are also a mess. I don't know if it would be worth it to try and fix it manually or not, 'cause maybe it'll reset itself once they do the relaunch that's rumored to be happening next week? Ooor maybe it's something I should ask them about. We'll see.

7 hours ago, Jedi Knight Muse said:

Yeah, I hope they keep fixing things sooner rather than later. My profile still says I've only participated once...I haven't looked lately to see if there are any feedback threads regarding that issue, though. My projects are also a mess. I don't know if it would be worth it to try and fix it manually or not, 'cause maybe it'll reset itself once they do the relaunch that's rumored to be happening next week? Ooor maybe it's something I should ask them about. We'll see.

I think I saw something about the projects issue in one of the forum threads, but I can't remember which one. I'm personally choosing to wait, because maybe it will reset itself, but also because I'm unsure how to fix it manually. Most of my projects look like they have nothing to do with any particular events; going by the dates, I do understand which one was from which Camp or NaNoWriMo, but they're not associated with those events, and when I try to edit them, there's no way to pick an event for the project. In terms of that, the only way now seems to be "create a brand new project, associate it with an event you've participated in, copy all the info from the project you worked on during that event, save it, delete the original version of the project." Which I guess is what I'm going to do if it doesn't all reset itself. (I hope it does :D).