Jedi Knight Muse

September Writing Challenge

September Writing Challenge

Prompt: Choose from one of the following four prompts and use them in your story.
Bonus points if you're able to get all four into the story (not required) XD 

The first prompt is based on this image:

FB_IMG_1567060329203.jpg?width=401&heigh

Your prompt is to tell/show us within your story why the trees are screaming. You can interpret it as needed - is there some magical reason that they're screaming? Do they maybe scream in the winter instead of the summer?
2. A character journeys beyond their settlement to the unknown, uncharted (waste)lands beyond
3. Mistaken identity
4. A character must negotiate with a character or group of characters

Deadline: Monday, September 30th by 11:59 PM GMT-5

Word count: 5,000 words max

Submissions: To submit to the challenge, please submit to the library, under the "flash plus" category. Please make sure to use the tag "monthly writing challenge" where it asks for a tag in the form.

You're welcome to write and submit something brand new for the challenge or use something old/from your current WIP as long as it fits the challenge prompt.

If you have any questions, please send @Jedi Knight Muse or @Penguinball a PM.

Please reply to this post with the link to your library submission.

1 minute ago, Tangwystle said:

I like this prompt.  My only problem is, how am I going to keep it under 5k words?

That typically ends up being my problem, too. I'm apparently really bad at writing a condensed 5,000 word story that doesn't end up reading as though it's actually part of a much larger story, even when I actually intend for it to be a short story. XD

3 hours ago, Jedi Knight Muse said:

2. A character journeys beyond their settlement to the unknown, uncharted (waste)lands beyond

This one is my favorite of the bunch. I love stories about setting out into the mysterious frontier!

8 hours ago, Tyrannohotep said:

This one is my favorite of the bunch. I love stories about setting out into the mysterious frontier!

You can thank Arc for that one, it was on a website that I linked him to XD and I actually thought of you when I saw that one 'cause I knew it was up your alley. 😄

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

And here is "DNR Dilemma." Using prompt "mistaken identity."

Because it's easy to mistake a werewolf for a normal dumb wolf.

Edited by DragonGate
I'm an idiot who missed the instructions. :)