Lilith Fairen

...'lo! =^_^=

I'm Lily; "Lilith" is just fancy-pen-name. (The sur-pen-name is a reference to one of my favourite female characters from fiction. Cookie if you know who. :3) I started writing back near the end of high school, and have been writing fantasy stories and whining about writer's block since then. My stories almost always feature lesbian protagonists, and they almost always end up in relationships along the way. Aside from writing, I also enjoy reading (duh), cooking, video gaming, and wifing. (Not wi-fi-ing; when you're hitched to the woman of your dreams, it's never a chore. <3)

As of late, I'm on a magical-girl kick in my writing—that classic anime genre where "ordinary" teenagers transform into heroines in pretty dresses and beat up some monster every Thursday while trying to cope with ordinary teenager life. What appeals to me about the genre? To put it simply: heroines in pretty feminine outfits who can kick butt and overcome evil, but also grow as people through the power of hope, love, and friendship. My main WiPs at the moment are the first and second in a series that plays with the classic premise of the genre. The first, Papillon, is set five years after a quintet of magical girls saved the world, with one of them dissatisfied with living a normal life and wishing to have magic back in her life—which ends up coming in the form of a butterfly-woman from the magical world. The second, under the working title Dove, takes place a few years after Papillon with a new threat arising and a new group of girls empowered to face it...but one of them identifies with the villain's intentions, joining with them to make their aspirations for mortalkind into reality. I'm also pondering a few other stand-alone ideas, and pondering writing a magical-girl web-serial (and which of two ideas I'll go with).

So that's about it. =^_^=

Dove was one of the options I voted for in the NaNo poll 🙂 The other was the Shooting Stars one. Both sound super fun! Dove was my favourite option, I love it when lines get crossed into villainy 🙂

Magical girl is a fun genre. I've got an idea for a magic girl/kinda super hero kinda story. Somewhere between shounen and shoujo? Inspired in part by Miraculous Ladybug.

Anyway, welcome! Hope you enjoy the forums here. Let us know if you have any questions!

1 hour ago, Lilith Fairen said:

(The sur-pen-name is a reference to one of my favourite female characters from fiction.

I mean, if I were going to take a random guess, I'd say Lilith from Supernatural? XD

Your projects sound pretty cool! XD Welcome to the forum!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.