clpolk

An introduction. hi!

I'm C. L. Polk, and I write fantasy novels. I live in Canada.

When I'm not writing, I'm procrastinating on writing, usually by hunting for craft of writing discussions, or knitting. I sometimes watch television, but I don't really have favorites.

I've been writing for a long time, I guess? but I quit writing in the middle of it, for about 8 years. I started again in 2014. I started by trying to write a novel, but I didn't really know how to do that, so I wrote short stories instead for a while, and now I'm back to novels again, even though I still don't really know how to write them.

I'm not sure I have a favorite character to write about. They're my favorite while I'm writing them, because I am obsessed and I can think of nothing else...but then when I go on to a new project, there's a whole new set of people to preoccupy myself with. 

I created a fantasy world that isn't that interesting, honestly. it's a planet with conditions and features similar to earth's. there's a proto-dimension attached to it, and that place is pretty interesting, but I haven't written a story about it yet.

my current work in progress is the last book of a trilogy, and I'm a little over halfway done. Last night I had a fairly well known author explain the how and whys of backdraft explosions in burning houses, but all the mistakes will be my own. I think i'll be finished in the middle of November, which is pretty much exactly what happens so I can't participate in Nanowrimo every year - i'm either just finishing a novel, or in the midst of editing and revising in November every year.

I think I found out about worldsmyths by looking for discord communities on reddit. I clicked out of curiosity, and now i'm checking it out. 

Hmm. what else can I say? I like knitting and I have eclectic taste in music. I can try to answer your questions about the traditional publishing path, but I won't be much help for information about selfpub. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 4:02 PM, SecretRock said:

Welcome to the forum!  Can't wait to hear about your trilogy.

Oh gee, my trilogy! I think this will be the last trilogy I write for a while, they are HARD!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.