Mirrasae

Hi there, fellow writers!

Hurray for forms that make introducing myself easier! Here I go.

Basics

Name/Penname: You can call me Mirrasae, Mirra, Hikari, Hey YOU, whatever. My fancy penname is M. H. Woodscourt.

State/country: Idaho, USA

Hobbies and Favorites

What are your hobbies? 

Writing, Photography, Reading, Hiking, Camping.

What is/are your favorite book(s) and authors? 

J.R.R. Tolkien, Lloyd Alexander, Lorna Freeman, C.S. Lewis, Ursula K. LeGuin.

What is/are your favorite movie(s) and TV show(s)? 

Lord of the Rings. I don't watch much TV, because I always feel guilty like I could be writing instead.

Writing

How long have you been writing? 

20-ish years. During that time, I've completed thirteen novels and two novellas.

What was the first story you wrote that you remember? (Is it finished, and has anyone read it?) 

My first finished novel was The Demon's Game. I completed it when I was 17. And uh, no one outside my family will EVER read that first attempt. (I do plan to rewrite it though!)

Tell us a little about your favorite character to write about. 

I recently finished writing about a spoiled prince who has to learn his lesson and overcome a LOT of challenges. Sometimes he was just so unreasonable it was disgusting. Talk about a blast!

Tell us a little about a fantasy world you've created. 

My fantasy worlds all interconnect on a massive timeline. Each world has its own history, but the general rules of magic apply to every planet.

Tell us a little about your current work in progress. How's it going? 

I'm editing three books right now (and querying one), while trying to decide between several to write for NaNoWriMo this year. Overall, it goes well, methinks!

Have you participated in NaNoWriMo? If so, how has your experience been?

Yep! This will be my twelfth successful year doing NaNoWriMo! I love it. It always gives me that boost I need to complete a story!

Worldsmyths

How did you find out about Worldsmyths? 

Twitter. 🙂

What made you decide to join?

I've been on the lookout for an active and interactive writing community centered around Fantasy. (I live in the middle of nowhere, so real life writers are scarce...)

What do you hope to gain from Worldsmyths? (Examples: Find a beta reader, get feedback, motivation, a sense of community, fine-tuning the craft, etc)

I'd love to find a beta reader or two, and gain a sense of belonging in a writing community with the same passion I possess. I'd also love to reciprocate and beta read for others as time allows. The beautiful thing about writing is, there's always more to learn. New ways to hone my craft. Experiences to gain, and maybe a helping hand to lend as well. 

Welcome again, @Mirrasae! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. 🙂 Maybe at some point in the future we can discuss the possibility of trading chapters for beta reading or something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mirrasae said:

Thank you, @Jedi Knight Muse!! Likewise! And I would love to trade chapters for beta reading. 😁

It'll be a long time before I'm even close to looking for beta readers again (I need to get through writing this next draft and then edit the dang thing), but I'll definitely let you know when I am! I'll more than likely put a chapter or two up in the library. I already have two chapters up there but there's a lot I'm going to be changing about them.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.